The 2024 Cadillac Lyriq will boast a more fleshed-out trim level lineup compared to the luxury electric crossover’s first model year, adding new higher-tiered trims such as Sport to the already existing Luxury RWD and Luxury AWD trims. Now, Cadillac Society has learned of a completely new entry level trim that will be introduced for the 2024 Lyriq.
Interestingly, the new Tech trim deviates from Cadillac’s established Y-trim level strategy, representing an entirely new trim level not only for the Lyriq, but for the luxury marque as a whole. The Tech trim (equipment group 1SA) will be positioned below the Luxury and Sport trim levels, and all three will be available in the U.S. in either rear-wheel-drive or all-wheel-drive configurations.
The 2024 Cadillac Lyriq Tech offers the Driver Assist Package (production code YSS) as an optional extra. This package, standard on Luxury and Sport trims, includes the following content (relevant production codes listed in parentheses):
- Adaptive Cruise Control (KSG)
- HD Surround Vision Camera (UXP)
- Rear Pedestrian Alert (UKK)
- Side Bicyclist Alert (UOW)
- Enhanced Automatic Parking Assist (UKZ)
- Outside heated, power adjustable, power-folding mirrors with driver side auto-dimming, integrated turn signal indicators and puddle lamps (DXR)
- Intersection Automatic Emergency Braking (CTB)
- Digital Key (BOY)
Also new for the 2024 model year are more equipment groups for the Luxury trim, including 1SC, 1SD and 1SE. The Sport trim, meanwhile, gets 1SF, 1SJ and 1SK equipment groups.
The following content is standard for the 2024 Cadillac Lyriq Luxury and Sport, but not available at all on the new Tech trim (relevant production codes listed in parentheses):
- Multi-color interior ambient lighting (C70)
- Auto-dimming inside rearview mirror (DD8)
- Rear Camera Mirror (standard on 1SE and 1SJ only) (DRZ)
- Power tilt and telescoping steering column (N38)
- Tech gets Manual tilt and telescoping steering column instead (N37)
- Heated steering wheel (KI3)
- Adaptive Headlamp System (UVG)
- Illuminating door handles (HD7)
- Slimline LED headlights with choreography (TGE)
- Automatic leveling headlamp control system (TR7)
- Cornering lamps (T4Y)
- Lower rear illuminated spoiler
- LED choreography capable taillamps (TAU)
- Tech gets LED taillamps instead (TAB)
- Front intermittent Rainsense wipers (CE1)
Thanks to the addition of the new Tech trim level, the 2024 Cadillac Lyriq will be less expensive than its 2023 counterpart. In the USA, the new Tech trim will have a starting list price of $57,195 plus a Destination Freight Charge (DFC) of $1,395, giving the model a starting MSRP of $58,590.
As a reminder, the Lyriq rides on the luxury marque’s BEV3 platform, and is assembled at the Spring Hill plant in Tennessee for all markets except for China.
Want the latest on all things Cadillac as it surges into its all-electric future? Then subscribe to Cadillac Society for Cadillac Lyriq news and to-the-minute Cadillac news coverage. We also invite you to join the latest discussions in our Cadillac forums and Cadillac Lyriq forum.
Looking forward to a Blackwing, “Platinum” and “V” version in time for me to modify my reservation!
Nice price but people have to consider how severely decontented this trim is. If I was the only decision maker in my household I’d go for it. I like a car with zero options but this one is severely in negative territory compared to the 2023’s
I’m proud to have received the Debut Edition. I assumed that it would be the best value.
Cadillac offers Adaptive Cruse Control as part of the Driver Assist Package. Adaptive Curse Control requires a Front View Camera (Part #84776500). This part is under “National Constraint” for vehicles under warranty but is readily available for new production. When will Cadillac make this part available for vehicles under warranty? Thanks