Cadillac China sales decreased five percent to 56,500 units during the third quarter of 2022.
Cadillac does not provide individual sales performance of its vehicles in China, but we do have the following information:
- China remains Cadillac’s biggest volume market by sales volume, larger than the United States market
- For the sake of comparison, Cadillac delivered 33,672 vehicles during the same timeframe in the U.S.
- The CT5 is Cadillac’s most popular model in China
- Cadillac CT5 sales grew 24 percent to over 21,000 units during the quarter
- The Cadillac Lyriq electric crossover started being delivered to customers in China in September
During the first nine months of the 2022 calendar year, Cadillac China sales decreased 22 percent to 140,600 units.
Sales Results - Q3 2022 - China - Cadillac
|MODEL||Q3 2022 / Q3 2021||Q3 2022||Q3 2021||YTD 2022 / YTD 2021||YTD 2022||YTD 2021|
The Cadillac Society Take
The new decline of Cadillac China sales in the third quarter deepens the brand’s negative performance in the world’s largest automotive market. In fact, the Q3 2022 results represent the third consecutive decline in quarterly sales for the vehicle. These declines were initially caused by the ongoing global semiconductor shortage as well as the resurgence of COVID -19 in the Asian country during the first half of the year. Even so, the 56,500 deliveries recorded during Q3 represent a significant improvement over Cadillac’s 36,900 deliveries in China during the second quarter.
The quarter-over-quarter improvement in volume was made possible by a 24 percent increase in sales of the Cadillac CT5, which continued to strengthen its position as the brand’s best-selling model in the Chinese market. The automaker reported that the compact luxury sedan sold more than 21,000 units last quarter, accounting for about 40 percent of the marque’s overall sales volume. As such, the drop was likely caused by lower sales volumes of the Cadillac XT4 and XT5, which typically follow the CT5 as the marque’s most popular models in the Asian country.
In addition, it is worth noting that the all-new Cadillac Lyriq registered its first deliveries during Q3, having started its deliveries during the last week of September.
About The Numbers
- All percent change figures compared to Cadillac China sales for Q3 2021, unless noted otherwise
- Cadillac China sales figures represent retail sales
Further Reading & Sales Reporting
- Cadillac news
- Running Cadillac sales results
- Q3 2022 Cadillac sales results:
- Cadillac sales Q3 2022 USA
- Cadillac Canada sales Q3 2022
- Cadillac China sales Q3 2022 (this page)
- Cadillac South Korea sales Q3 2022
- Cadillac South Korea sales July 2022
- Cadillac South Korea sales August 2022
- Cadillac South Korea sales September 2022
- Cadillac Mexico sales Q3 2022
- Cadillac Russia sales Q3 2022
- Cadillac Russia sales July 2022
- Cadillac Russia sales August 2022
- Cadillac Russia sales September 2022
Too bad for GM.
Must be more rich Chinese people then American people.