A small number of 2020 Cadillac XT5 models are being recalled over potentially defective tires.
The problem: vehicles may have been delivered from the factory with overcured Continental brand tires.
The hazards: tires that have been overcured may “experience a carcass break in the sidewall resulting in a sudden air loss or could develop a belt edge separation which could lead to partial or full tread/belt loss.” Either one of these scenarios increases the risk of a crash occurring.
The fixCadillac dealers will replace tires in affected vehicles. These repairs will be done free of charge.
Affected components: tires.
Affected vehicles: 2020 Cadillac XT5.
Affected tire models:
- 255/55R20 Continental Cross Contact LX20
- 255/70R17 Continental General Grabber HTS
- 255/65R18 Continental Cross Contact LX Sport
Owners should: Cadillac will notify owners of affected vehicles and instruct them to make an appointment with their preferred dealer. The recall is expected to begin December 21st, 2020. Owners can visit nhtsa.gov/recalls and type in their VIN to check if their vehicle is affected.
- NHTSA Campaign Number: 20V684000
- Cadillac recall number: N202319030
- Cadillac customer service: 1-800-458-8006
- NHTSA Toll Free: 1-888-327-4236
- NHTSA (TTY): 1-800-424-9153