Home » Cadillac Escalade Trim Level Sales Mix Revealed

Cadillac Escalade Trim Level Sales Mix Revealed

Cadillac Escalade Trim Level Sales Mix Revealed

The arrival of the 2021 Cadillac Escalade heralds a brand-new generation for the full-size SUV, with a long list of updates and new features now on offer. Now, we’re learning a little bit more about the previous-generation Escalade with regard to the trim level sales mix.

For those that have wondered which Cadillac Escalade trim levels are the most popular, this is big news. According to Escalade Marketing Manager Dave Schiavone, 30 percent of Escalade sales are in the Platinum trim level, 40 percent are in the Premium Luxury trim level, and the remaining 30 percent is split between the base Escalade and the Luxury trim.

2015-2020 Cadillac Escalade

To note, these numbers include both the standard-length Escalade, as well as the extended-length ESV model. Also, the numbers are based solely on U.S. sales, which make up the bulk of Escalade sales worldwide.

2015-2020 Cadillac Escalade Trim Levels
Escalade (Base)
Premium Luxury

Now, with the introduction of the new 2021 Escalade, the full-sizer gets a revamped trim level structure. Moving forward, buyers will have five trims to choose from, starting with the base-level Luxury, and followed by the Premium Luxury, Platinum Luxury, Sport, and Platinum Sport.

2021+ Cadillac Escalade
Luxury (Base)
Premium Luxury
Platinum Luxury
Platinum Sport

As we covered previously, new Sport trim levels account for roughly 45 percent of all Cadillac sales volume across all nameplates, per Cadillac’s latest Y trim level strategy. The remaining 55 percent is split between Luxury and Premium Luxury models.

Now, with the 2021 Escalade offered in five different trims, including the new Sport and Platinum Sport trims, it’ll be interesting to see how customers respond.

2021 Cadillac Escalade

The all-new 2021 Cadillac Escalade is slated to launch in North America in the third quarter of the year. Standout updates include fresh styling inside and out, a new 38-inch OLED infotainment and driver’s information screen, a new underlying architecture, larger dimensions, a new diesel engine option, and the addition of Cadillac’s Super Cruise driver assistance technology.

Subscribe to Cadillac Society for more Cadillac Escalade news and around-the-clock Cadillac news coverage.

Written by
Jonathan is an automotive journalist based out of Southern California. He loves anything and everything on four wheels.


  1. Interesting to know that the Platinum accounts for such a high percentage of sales. Cadillac must like it too.

    • Yup. Now we know why the Escalade is such a cash cow. Not only is it already expensive and highly profitable in base trim, but since most people buy it in the even more expensive and even more profitable Platinum trim, then it’s even more of a cash cow.

      • Mooooo….


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

Lost Password

Please enter your username or email address. You will receive a link to create a new password via email.

Sign Up