Cadillac South Korea sales totaled 203 new vehicles in November 2018, a decrease of 6 percent compared to November 2017.
Individual model sales performance was as follows:
- Cadillac ATS sales decreased 53 percent to 17 units
- Cadillac CTS sales increased 28 percent to 32 units
- Cadillac CT6 sales increased 7.5 percent to 115 units
- Cadillac XT5 sales decreased 33 percent to 28 units
- Cadillac Escalade sales increased 120 percent to 11 units
- Cadillac does not market the XTS nor the Escalade ESV in South Korea
In the first 11 months of 2018, Cadillac South Korea sales increased 9 percent to 1,882 units.
Sales Results - November 2018 - South Korea - Cadillac
|MODEL||NOV 2018 / NOV 2017||NOVEMBER 2018||NOVEMBER 2017||YTD 2018 / YTD 2017||YTD 2018||YTD 2017|
The Cadillac Society Take
After a very successful October, Cadillac’s November sales performance in South Korea shows that the brand is continuing to recover from months of depressed sales levels. We believed that the prior declines in Cadillac South Korea sales were caused by negative consumer perception following the restructuring of Cadillac’s parent firm, General Motors, which took place during the first quarter of 2018.
Specifically, the restructuring proceedings were covered extensively by the media, with the overwhelming majority of this coverage portraying GM and its Chevrolet brand in a negative light. Prior to the finalization of the restructuring agreement, rumors ran rampant that GM would completely withdraw from the Korean market if it didn’t get the concessions it was looking for. Though Cadillac was not directly mentioned during this coverage, its image still suffered as a result of its association with General Motors and Chevrolet, likely causing consumers to become reluctant in investing in a Cadillac as a result of an uncertainty about the brand’s future in the local South Korean market.
About The Numbers
- All percent change figures compared to Cadillac November 2017 sales, except as noted
- Cadillac South Korea sales figures represent vehicle registrations rather than raw sales volume
More Cadillac Sales
- November 2018 Cadillac salesÂ results