Cadillac Mexico sales decreased 79 percent to 27 units in April 2020 compared to April 2019.
Individual model sales performance was as follows:
- Cadillac ATS sales decreased 100 percent to 0 units
- Cadillac CTS sales decreased 100 percent to 0 units
- Cadillac Escalade sales decreased 84.75 percent to 9 units
- Cadillac XT4 sales decreased 84.78 percent to 7 units
- Cadillac XT5 sales decreased 35.29 percent to 11 units
- Cadillac XT6 sales have not yet commenced in Mexico
- Cadillac does not market the CT6 in Mexico
During the first fourth months of the 2020 calendar year, Cadillac Mexico sales decreased 46 percent to 211 units.
Sales Results - April 2020 - Mexico - Cadillac
|MODEL||APR 2020 / APR 2019||APRIL 2020||APRIL 2019||YTD 2020 / YTD 2019||YTD 2020||YTD 2019|
The Cadillac Society Take
Cadillac Mexico sales were severely affected during April, the first full month that the country was under stay-at-home orders due to the COVID-19 outbreak. April represents the sixth consecutive month of sales declines for Cadillac in Mexico. In fact, the 27 deliveries is also the lowest sales figure that Cadillac has registered in the Mexican market in recent years. The pandemic has significantly accelerated the systemic decrease in demand for vehicles in Mexico.
Each Cadillac model sold in Mexico saw significant drops during April. As one may have expected, the declines were led by the discontinued ATS and CTS Sedans, which continue to be available in small numbers as a result of leftover inventory. Meanwhile, the Cadillac XT4 was the brand’s most impacted utility, losing its first place sales position to the XT5, which saw the smallest decline in year-over-year sales.
About The Numbers
- All percent change figures compared to Cadillac Mexico sales in April 2019, except when noted