Fans, enthusiasts and observers have been anticipating the unveiling of the 2019 Cadillac XT4 compact CUV at the 2018 New York International Auto Show this coming week, but we managed to get our hands on complete details about the new crossover ahead of the reveal thanks to an official document published by Cadillac parent, General Motors.
First discovered by Cadillac Society, the document in question is an official GM vehicle order guide published by General Motors, and it reveal all of the features of the new crossover. Here are the highlights of what the 2019 Cadillac XT4 will bring to the table.
Styling And Design
- Modern SUV proportions (not a wagon or hatch)
- Clinic-validated exterior and interior design appeal
- Up to 20″ wheels, pushed to the corners and filling the wheel wells
- New trim strategy consisting of Luxury, Premium Luxury and Sport personas
Driving, Safety And Confidence
- Engine: new 2.0L Turbo, 4-cylinder, Spark Ignition Direct Injection Engine assigned RPO Code LSY making 235 horsepower (175 kW) @ 5000 rpm and 258 pound-feet of torque (350 Nm) @ 1500-4000 rpm)
- Transmission: 9-speed automatic transmission with Stop/Start (includes button to disable) and Paddle Shifters
- Front-wheel-drive standard
- All-wheel-drive optional
- Available Twin Clutch AWD with fuel-saving disconnect
- Available Continuous Damping Control (CDC) Active Sport Chassis
- Customer selectable driving modes
- Full array of radar, camera and ultrasonic advanced safety features
Luxury, Comfort And Convenience
- Expected segment-leading 2nd row leg room and knee clearance
- Authentic interior decor, cut & sewn trim, and available ambient lighting
- Keyless Open and Start, Capless Fuel Fill
- Available Wireless Charging
- Available Air Ionizer
- Available Bose Centerpoint Surround Sound; Hands-Free Liftgate, and massage seating
Features And Technology
- Center console Rotary Infotainment Controller
- Available Rear Camera Mirror, HD Surround Vision and Head-Up Display
- LED exterior lighting (headlamps and taillamps) with distinct Cadillac lighting signatures
- Second-generation Electronic Precision Shift (EPS)
Now, all that remains is to see the XT4 in photos as well as in person, plus get see pricing info that’s not part of this scoop. We expect to have photos of the hotly-antiticipated crossover on March 26th or 27th (if not before), and then see it with our own eyes in New York on the 27th, so stay tuned. As for pricing, that is likely weeks away, to the tune of two to five months.
You can peruse the complete, 46-page-long 2019 Cadillac XT4 order guide at your leisure here (in PDF format). We expect to have pictures of the upcoming crossover on March 26th or 27th.
Please note that the information shown in the order guide might change prior to the model’s reveal and subsequent launch. It’s also possible that the information in the guide is preliminary and incorrect.
About 2019 Cadillac XT4
The Cadillac XT4 is an upcoming compact crossover that will slot under the midsize XT5 as Cadillac’s second crossover utility vehicle (CUV). The XT4 will be underpinned by the front-drive-based E2 platform and will be produced at the Fairfax plant in Kansas City, Kansas.
From a business standpoint, the XT4 is of significant importance for Cadillac’s growth plans, as it will fill a glaring hole in the brand’s vehicle portfolio. With just a single crossover (the Cadillac XT5), Cadillac’s crossover lineup is sorely lacking compared to competing luxury makes, which offer three or more crossovers. In fact, some rivals, such as BMW and Mercedes-Benz, offer up to seven CUVs/SUVs in their lineup, as utility vehicle sales are experiencing rampant growth in the marketplace.
Cadillac XT4 Discussions
Discuss the XT4 in our Cadillac XT4 forum.
Cadillac XT4 News
Follow our coverage of Cadillac XT4 news.