Home » Topics » Cadillac Forum » Cadillac XT4 Forum » 2024 XT4 still no heated steering wheel

2024 XT4 still no heated steering wheel

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Eddievouge
    Participant

Purchased new in April 2022 and after repeated lies about parts on back order it is now July of 2023 and no heated wheel. Service Mgr at Herb Chambers treats you like a fool for buying a Caddy. Has anyone else had the retrofit done?
    I am also having a issue with squealing front brakes from 4000 miles until now. Dealer refuses to fix. Anyone else had the brakes repaired?

drtmod40
    Participant

I bought my XT4 new in March 2022 and have not received my retro for heated steering wheel yet and haven’t heard anything about it either. Very frustrating!!

heywardjr
    Participant

My other car is a 2022 Cadillac CT5 and about 6 months ago the dealer made an appointment for us to bring the car in to add the various chips including the heated steering wheel. All is working fine now. I’d be pushing on your dealer to order the parts and get it working or follow your state’s lemon law and make them buy it back as they have not delivered the fully functional car you purchased. By now, everyone should be fully working for 2022 models.

heywardjr
    Participant

The title of this thread says 2024 XT4 but that is erroneous as you mention 2022 in your post.

Eddievouge
    Participant

Typo I meant to say 2022 XT4.
    Update: I had the car in this week again to look at the brake squeal. Same “this is normal” routine from the dealer Herb Chambers.
    regarding the heated steering wheel, same line of nonsense from the dealer. Parts are not available and they do not know if ever they will be.
    I filed a report with the Massachusetts Attorney General Office.

heywardjr
    Participant

Eddie, so sorry you are getting that bullshit as our 2022 CT5 was missing parts and all we had to do was go to the dealer, they checked the paperwork from the factory and then ordered the two chips not installed. Two weeks later they called and within hours we were fixed. I wonder if another dealer would be advisable. It might be worth a call to one that is close or within an hours drive or so. Never would hurt. You might get a dealer who is sympathetic. I know the Moore Cadillac in Fairfax, VA is great for servicing. We know the management and they are top notch and go out of their way. I just do not understand how Cadillac is producing 24 XT4s without any issues of missing chips but leave the 2022 or other year models still not fixed. That would be grounds for lemon law or forcing GM to own up to the problem or buy back the car. Maybe ask the dealer about a buy back since you never got a complete car from day one.Good luck.

drtmod40
    Participant

I called dealship on my 2022 XT4 heated steering wheel chip since I never got a call or letter about it. Well the chip is in and going to be installed next Monday finally!!

PatrickBender
    Participant

Ok, thanks.

Eddievouge
    Participant

This is eddievouge. Regarding the XT4 nonsense. I reported the dealer Herb Chambers (they own 51 dealerships) to the State Attorney General Office. I did receive a call back from them. The person I spoke to knew the GM at the dealership. It sounded as they were friends. I never heard back again.
    Now here is the best part. I traded the Caddy for a new Ford Bronco. So after four new Caddys and multiple other GM products I am done with GM.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Please enter your username or email address. You will receive a link to create a new password via email.