Home » Topics » Cadillac Forum » Cadillac Lyriq Forum » 2024 Lyriq navigation (embedded)

2024 Lyriq navigation (embedded)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jzambotti
    Participant

Is the navigation system embedded and free on the Lyriq? I have had multiple answers from dealers. Some say you can use it without tying into a network. But it will not be up to date. Others have said the only way this works is linking to your phone and using your phone data, and others say you have to purchase a monthly subscription to OnStar. My navigation I have now is free. No fees, no data used. Can I use the navigation in the Lyriq the same way without purchasing a monthly fee subscription?

SpockSail
    Participant

I’m glad you brought this up. I thought I was the only one who was confused about this.

The manual says something about requiring a “subscription” to have it function, but does not say what type of subscription. Is just having a Google account sufficient, or must it be OnStar????

Jzambotti
    Participant

Still haven’t got a direct answer on whether this is an embedded navigation system. Can anyone provide information on this?

rcmlyriq24
    Participant

I just took delivery of 2024 Lux2 and as long as you have a google account and synched I have had no issues using the navigation from google maps. The car also comes with 36 months of Onstar Safety so you can send directions etc to the vehicle. So far it has been working flawlessly. Getting used to the features takes a bit of time though.

SpockSail
    Participant

Where did you find the directions to sync your Google account (Gmail.com?) to the infotainment?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Please enter your username or email address. You will receive a link to create a new password via email.