Home » Topics » Cadillac Forum » Cadillac Lyriq Forum » 2024 Lyriq dealer markups

2024 Lyriq dealer markups

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    rufusmac13
    Participant

As I wait for my 2024 Lyriq reservation to turn into an order, I’m curious if anyone has had issues with high dealer markups with this vehicle?

[email protected]
    Participant

I just took delivery on January 30,2023 and my dealer charged me $5,000- above MSRP. The alternative was to wait until late summer for one.

[email protected]
    Participant

The first dealership I contacted and conversed with for about 6 or more months, never mention cost/charges above MSRP; however on the day orders were opened, Cadillac hit its customers with a $3k price increase (with no reason/explanation). Then when the dealership I was working with called me to confirm my order; they informed me they were charging an additional $10K. Between the two “switch and bait” tactics by Cadillac and Kevin Whitaker Cadillac in Greenville, SC a rip off totaling $16k was in play. I refused the dealer’s switch and bait and found a dealership who was honest and said they would not do such to their customers. I went with this dealership.

Since GM/Cadillac has not lived up to their delivery dates and will not communicate with its customers. I cancelled one of the two Lyriqs I ordered. I’m replacing the AWD Lyriq with a Tesla Model Y AWD and will be getting a $7,500 tax credit in addition to Tesla’s drastic $13k price reduction on the Model Y. I’m aware of others who have cancelled or will be cancelling their Lyriq orders and getting a 2023 Model Y. GM/Cadillac should have seen this coming.

Klaus
    Participant

Has Lyriq bi-directional charging?
    Any news about changing the unfriendly door openers in the 2024 model?

RW72
    Participant

My dealer started with 10K markup got it down to 7.5K not happy but it was the only way to get one now and so I get the full 7.5K tax credit. My way of looking at it is I got the Debut which is loaded up, waiting for a Lux2 model starts at 67K and another 1.5K for the 19.2KW charger and it was up to 68.5K. Mine has the $1550 22″ rims so sticker price was 61,530. The Lux3 has 22″ rims standard for 70.6K plus charger. I could do without 19.2KW charger but it is standard on my model. I had heard that Cadillac made interested dealers pay $300K for the opportunity to sell electric vehicles they also had to install heavy duty lifts and buy a fork lift, but I don’t know if that was included in $300K.

play2win
    Participant

I was able to order my 2024 Lyriq and talk with the dealer. This week I was called to finalize the order and told there would be a “$10K markup on the vehicle”. I called GM Lyriq in Detroit to complain, then told the dealer I would not be ‘gouged’ by a car dealer. I said to leave my name on the list but until they eliminated that up charge I am not interested. I’m hoping GM corporate can squeeze them a bit. There are many nice cars out there to buy. My husband has a new Lucid Air so I can enjoy the electric driving but not going to be swayed by a car I haven’t seen, sat in, or driven. Is this the new way of buying cars? I will keep looking.

wux
    Participant

I too have reserved a base 2024 Lyriq Lux2 but now there seems to be a 2023 Lyriq available at $61530. As you stated, it has 22” wheel and 19.2 kW charging. Are there any other defference bwtween this 2023 and base 2024 Lux2? If not, then 2023 is almost 10k less and much better value.

jzriny12
    Participant

I ordered my AWD Lyriq in May of 2022 and took delivery of a 2024 Lyriq last week. (14 months later) I finalyzed my order in March of this year. My dealer in WI did not mark up the MSRP. They perhaps were a little stingy on my 2023 Lexus RX350h trade that was 6 months old. The real surprise was that GM game me a $5K rebate for being one of the first five vehicle delivered.

Dr. Pretorius
    Participant

All of the Cadillac dealers within a reasonable distance from my home are charging $5,000 or more above MSRP for a new Lyriq. This was disclosed in writing when I first made my reservation for a 2023 Lyriq with Marvin K. Brown Cadillac in May 2022. In March, when I went in to convert my order to a 2024, I chose a Sport 3 AWD with Nappa leather, which is pretty much top of the line. The online configurator defaults to 22” wheels for the Sport 3, but the dealer was able to change my order to the 20” wheels that I prefer; the price will be reduced accordingly. The $5,000 additional markup will be offset by the $5,000 incentive that Cadillac has offered for converting. I’ll also be able to take advantage of the Federal tax credit, and I’ll have a few thousand dollars from the GM credit card rewards.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Please enter your username or email address. You will receive a link to create a new password via email.