Home » Topics » Cadillac Forum » Cadillac Escalade Forum » 2022 Cadillac Escalade Diesel allocation

2022 Cadillac Escalade Diesel allocation

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    [email protected]
    Participant

I preordered my 2022 Escalade Diesel back in September of 2021 and my dealer still can not provide me an allocation date as of today. Does anyone know when they are going to start production for the 2022 Diesel Escalades?

coolers35
    Participant

I ordered my 2022 diesel Escalade esv in august of 2021 thru the dealer we always go thru. At that time we were told December of 2021 or march of 2022. In April of 2022 we were updated with an eta of a year to a year and a half. I just don’t understand the delay! They say it’s because of the chip, I don’t believe them.

timmytubesteak
    Participant

The wait for my 22 is killing me. I put 28k on my ‘21 platinum sport. Amazing ride. Apparently my order was picked up but no build date…

[email protected]
    Participant

Just wanted to let you all know I did received my Super Cruise Diesel finely in May after waiting 8 months. Wow! I have been averaging 22-24 MPG in the city and 27-28 MPG on the HWY. With great torque! Thinking I will get a little better MPG as the motor breaks in. One thing you should know if you ordered the block heater. The plugin location is hokie, its located on the front bumper / drivers side. You need to use a flathead screwdriver to pry the little door hatch open. In talking to the dealership about that, they couldn’t believe it either, bad engineering I say. I also experienced the use of DEF. Appears when your towing it goes through more DEF then normal and the cruise while towing appears to be more sensitive. Its wanting to shift more often then my 2017 escalade 6.0 engine even in tow mode while running the RPMS around 1700. All in all I appsolutely love – love the Super Cruise Diesel and everything the 2022 Escalade has to offer.. Hang in there everyone, you will enjoy the ride and the performance..

timmytubesteak
    Participant

I also noticed huge increase in def consumption when trailering. I also had engine and transmissions issues. I thought it was the thermostat but this is a known problem with the Diesel engine that they just corrected on the line but no recall. Apparently engine coolant can mix with the transmission and the results can be catastrophic if not corrected. This happened twice on my ‘21 in winter pulling a 30 ft sled trailer. The engine temp would stay low and it made for anxious travel in the north! Watch for a recall. Apparently the fix is a granny flush then adding some type of intercooler to the transmission. Not an easy job I am guessing. Loved supercruise, my ‘22 is being built first week of July and am told that supercruise is not available. I put 27k kms on it and averaged 10.2 litres per 100kms over its time with me- lots of trailering. That is insanely awesome mileage!!!

Ghostrider
    Participant

Timmytubesteak on your 22 you said Super Cruise is not available ? Did you ask for it when ordering originally? How will the car be shipped? With the remaining components of Super Cruise and they will add chip later? Assuming you did order it.

If not, why give up your 21? Looks like an Awesome feature and you said you loved Super Cruise in it.

Thanks for input, Safe Driving.

timmytubesteak
    Participant

I ordered my ‘22 with super cruise. I was told by the dealer it is no longer available he also said it could come with it. Platinum sport diesel fully loaded. I traded it as I was told my order was picked up and they paid me $13k over what I paid. I also had some engine issues with trailering- a recall is in the works and apparently the issue fixed on the line. The newest super mega cruise or whatever is what I will order when mine comes in. Also the fridge/freezer is mint. Only complaint is little space for sunglasses.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Please enter your username or email address. You will receive a link to create a new password via email.