Home » Topics » Cadillac Forum » Cadillac Escalade Forum » 2021 Escalade Sport – Engine Knocking

2021 Escalade Sport – Engine Knocking

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    EddieB4
    Participant

There is a lot of weird knocking noises coming from my engine area all of a sudden. Does not really sound like piston knocking but it’s weird. Anyone else experience anything like this?

I plan on having the dealership tow it in and work on it. Any thoughts and experiences would be appreciated.

• This topic was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by EddieB4.
    Boston
    Participant

Yes, there were a few new 2021 Escalades at my dealership that have already had this issue. There was a bad batch of lifters that were installed at the factory, I really think that GM should do a recall. They sent the dealer a bunch of new lifters knowing there was a problem. I had all my lifters replaced and a couple of bent push rods. I took two days to complete, I hope there are no more issues. Crazy to think an engine rebuild after 5000 miles, unacceptable!

• This reply was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by Boston.
    EddieB4
    Participant

Thanks Boston, I handed my car over this morning to the dealer they gave me a loaner and said we will call you sometime next week. I can’t believe this is even happening totally unacceptable.

On the flip side my service representatives were awesome went out of their way to get me a loaner. I told them I hope this loaner escalade doesn’t start knocking..

EddieB4
    Participant

Boston,

It took about a week but in the end I had all lifters and a pus rod replaced.. Happy to have my ride back but this was an unpleasant experience.

eduardo8116
    Participant

Horrible que uno compre un carro como ese y con 8000 millas ya tengan que reparar el motor estamos hablando de un carro muy caro yo no se cual seta el futuro del mio , pues a mi en lo personal ya no me gusta esto que esta pasando , ya cuendo ese motor lo abren ya no es lo mismo por lo menos para mi . Tremendo errol cometio la GM con este problema. Estamos hablando de un carro que me esta costando $140,000 dollars que no son dos pesos . Vamos a ver que pasa .

eduardo8116
    Participant

Y eso solo pasa con el motor 6.2 liter

preston
    Participant

I had a cylinder go on a road trip from Calgary AB to Mesa AZ. Made it to a GM dealer in Cedar City Utah. Only 15ooo KM on the engine. GM bulletin instructed the dealership to replace all the pistons and lifters. Yes a recall should definitely happen! I am out a couple grand on hotels stays, rental car, and airfare back to Cedar City to pick up the vehicle after 2 weeks in the shop. Thank you GM for a horrible experience and I cannot wait to leave the Cadillac brand for good. Looking forward to a new Range Rover!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Please enter your username or email address. You will receive a link to create a new password via email.