Home » Topics » Cadillac Forum » Cadillac XT5 Forum » 2017 Cadillac XT5 No Remote Detected

2017 Cadillac XT5 No Remote Detected

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    msufka
    Participant

For the past month or so, my 2017 Cadillac XT5 occasionally displays No Remote Detected Press Brake to Start and completely stops responding as though I actually don’t have the remote on me. If it is running when this comes up, it gives me a little trouble even trying to shut the vehicle off.

It won’t let me start it, I cannot lock or unlock the doors or anything that requires a fob present.
    It basically acts like I don’t have a key fob.

After about 10 minutes of fiddling around with it (or just waiting) It recognizes the fob again and everything is fine.
    It has happened about 3 times so far over the past month, never before that since I owned it.
    Last night when it happened I used the fob key to enter the vehicle manually (since it was not responding to the unlock fob button) and put the fob in the pocket inside the center console. Again after a few minutes it seemed to return to normal after setting off the car alarm briefly upon manual entry..

At first I thought it was the fob battery fob so I replaced it and it worked fine for a couple of weeks, until tonight.
    Could there be a problem with the fob itself or even the car battery as I think it is the original?
    I also read disconnecting the car battery for 10-15 minutes might work.

Belle_195952
    Participant

My Cadillac has done the same thing 2 times this week. I know it’s not the key fob batteries. They’ve already been changed. Plus I got a brand new car battery about 4 months ago. What the heck is going on & how can it be fixed.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Please enter your username or email address. You will receive a link to create a new password via email.