Cadillac’s parent company, General Motors, has issued a service bulletin in response to an issue with the front camera in certain units of the 2021 Cadillac Escalade and 2021 Cadillac Escalade ESV.
The problem: affected Escalades may not have had the proper front-facing camera software calibration procedure performed during front accessory grille installation.
The hazards: if the proper software calibration is not performed, the front-facing camera may not perform as intended, as it may not be properly aligned.
The fix: a dealership technician will closely inspect the front-facing camera and grille to determine if a camera software calibration is necessary. If needed, the video processing module will be reprogrammed. This will be performed at no cost to the vehicle owner.
- Front-facing video processing module (VPM)
- Front-facing camera
Number of affected vehicles: Cadillac has not indicated how many Escalade units may have been affected by this issue.
- 2021 Cadillac Escalade Premium Luxury with dealer-installed Bright Sport Mesh Grille or Premium Luxury Platinum with Bright Sport Mesh Grille
- 2021 Cadillac Escalade ESV Premium Luxury with dealer installed Bright Sport Mesh Grille or Premium Luxury Platinum with Bright Sport Mesh Grille
Next steps: owners of affected Cadillac Escalade models will be contacted by Cadillac with instructions to make an appointment with their preferred dealer. Since this is a service bulletin and not a recall, it will expire at the end of the vehicle’s New Vehicle Limited Warranty period. To note, the service bulletin was issued in September of 2021. Additionally, owners may reach out to Cadillac directly using the contact information provided below to address any questions they may have.
- Service Bulletin Number: N212335280
- Cadillac U.S. vehicle help number: 1-800-333-4223
- Cadillac Customer Service: 1-877-248-2080
Subscribe to Cadillac Society for the latest Cadillac Escalade news, Cadillac service news, and around-the-clock Cadillac news coverage. We also invite you to join the latest discussions in our Cadillac forums.