Cadillac Canada sales totaled 2,834 new vehicles in the second quarter of 2019, a decrease of 20.5 percent compared to Q2 2018.
Individual model sales performance was as follows:
- Cadillac ATS sales decreased 98 percent to 14 units
- The vehicle has been discontinued and is being replaced by the all-new Cadillac CT5
- Cadillac CTS sales decreased 51 percent to 88 units
- The vehicle has been discontinued and is being replaced by the all-new Cadillac CT5 on the low end and Cadillac CT6 on the high end
- Cadillac CT6 sales decreased 32 percent to 48 units
- Cadillac XTS sales increased 5.8 percent to 180 units
- Cadillac XT4 sales totaled 843 units
- Cadillac XT5 sales decreased 36.3 percent to 1,032 units
- Cadillac XT6 sales totaled 1 unit
- The first units of the new three-row luxury crossover started arriving at dealers at the very end of June
- Cadillac Escalade sales decreased 23.8 percent to 420 units and Cadillac Escalade ESV sales decreased 27.8 percent to 208 units
Sales Results - Q2 2019 - Canada - Cadillac
|MODEL||Q2 2019 / Q2 2018||Q2 2019||Q2 2018||YTD 2019 / YTD 2018||YTD 2019||YTD 2018|
The Cadillac Society Take
Q2 2019 was a mixed bag for Cadillac Canada sales. While the ATS and CTS have been discontinued and are in the process of being replaced by the all-new Cadillac CT5, series production of the CT5 has not yet begun. In addition, the all-new Cadillac CT4 will arrive earlier in 2020 to give Cadillac an entry into the luxury C-car segment. The transitionary period diminishes Cadillac’s sedan sales volume. Meanwhile, Cadillac CT6 sales were rather concerning, falling 32.4 percent year-over-year. We have heard from Canadian dealer sources that supply of the CT6 has been tight, but have not been able to confirm the rumblings officially.
As for utilities, the Cadillac XT4 recorded 843 deliveries during the quarter, and sales of the XT5 fell by 588 units. Though there is probably some cannibalization of XT5 sales by the XT4, the end result is higher cumulative sales volume of Cadillac CUVs than if the XT5 were going it alone. What’s more, a refreshed Cadillac XT5 is on the way for the 2020 model year, which should deliver an uptick in XT5 sales.
In addition, the Cadillac XT6 – which started arriving at dealers at the very end of the second quarter – managed to squeeze in a single delivery, a figure we expect will grow significantly in the near future. Finally, Cadillac Escalade and Escalade ESV sales fell 23.8 percent and 27.8 percent, respectively. An all-new Escalade will arrive for the 2021 model year.
About The Numbers
- There were 76 selling days in Q2 2019 and 77 selling days in Q2 2018
More Cadillac Sales
- Second quarter 2019 Cadillac salesÂ results:
- Cadillac USA Q2 2019 salesÂ results
- Cadillac Canada Q2 2019 salesÂ results (this page)
- Cadillac China Q2 2019 sales results
- Cadillac South Korea Q2 2019 sales results:
- Cadillac Mexico Q2 2019 sales results: