Home » Topics » Cadillac Forum » Cadillac XT4 Forum » 2020 Cadillac XT4 Transmission issues

2020 Cadillac XT4 Transmission issues

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Joe Tschanz
    Participant

2020 XT4 Sport loaded 36000 km (22000 miles) on the clock. I love the look inside and out and it’s handling characteristics, but reliability? It’s the worst vehicle I have ever owned in terms of reliability. Transmission keeps failing. Additional issues have been resolved, but the tranny they can’t get it right. Gets stuck in 2nd gear. May or may not self correct once parked, shut off and restarted. Has spent over 2 weeks at the dealership so far, been towed etc and is still acting up. Thinking about trading it in for an Acura.

LK127
    Participant

My 2019 XT4 is having transmission issues as well and they say they cant find anything. They claimed it may be the transmission sensor but they replaced that and its still happening. With mine, it gets stuck in second gear once in awhile after making a left hand turn. Which is also bizarre. I literally have to pull over to the side of the road and turn off the ignition and re start it. Its dangerous. My warranty expires next month as well so its very frustrating to say the least.

j.long.032
    Participant

2019 Cadillac XT4 – we have experienced the same issue with our XT4. It’s frustrating…

TXXT4
    Participant

Are you in Sport mode when this happens? It sounds like it’s entering PAL (performance Algorithm Liftfoot). You’ll see a little gear symbol where the sort mode flag would be in the dash when PAL is activated. It holds the gear for performance oriented driving. It automatically enters PAL when you accelerate hard and then lift your foot off accelerator pedal. This is normal performance that is constantly mistaken for transmission issues.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Please enter your username or email address. You will receive a link to create a new password via email.