The 2022 Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing represents the first model year for the new-generation super sedan. The model is expected to hit dealer lots during the summer of 2021. Availability is expected to be very tight, and every single reservation for the first 250 units sold out in mere minutes on on February 1st, 2021.
The hype and excitement are understandable, as the next-gen super sedan offers nearly 700 horsepower along with a standard 6-speed manual transmission.
|Model years:||2022 – Present|
|Assembly Location:||Lansing Grand River Plant, Michigan, USA|
|Engine:||Supercharged 6.2L V-8 LT4|
|Transmission:||GM Hydra-Matic 10-Speed Auto|
|Availability:||U.S.A., Canada, Middle East|
Just like the rest of the CT5 model lineup, the 2022 CT5-V Blackwing will be offered exclusively as a four-door sedan.
The 2022 Cadillac CT5-V offers a total of ten exterior colors and three interior color options with three different seat trims.
The 2022 CT5-V color options include:
- 10 Exterior Colors:
- Dark Emerald Matte
- Satin Steel Metallic
- Summit White
- Black Raven
- Blaze Orange Metallic
- Shadow Gray Metallic
- Wave Metallic
- Electric Blue
- Rift Metallic
- Infrared Tintcoat
- 3 Interior Colors:
- Jet Black
- Natural Tan with Jet Black
- Sky Cool Gray with Jet Black
The 2022 Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing is available with the following engine choice:
|Engine||Fuel||Aspiration||Driven Wheels||Transmission||Power (hp / kW @ RPM)||Torque (lb-ft / Nm @ RPM)||Axle Ratio|
|6.2L LT4 V8||Gasoline||Supercharged||Rear-Wheel Drive||6-Speed Manual MJK||668 / 498 @ 5400||659 @ 3600||2.85 (auto) or 3.73 (manual)|
The 2022 Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing offers two optional carbon-fiber packages, dubbed Carbon Fiber 1 Package (CF1 Pkg) and Carbon Fiber 2 Package (CF2 Pkg). Here’s a look at the components included in each, along with pricing info:
Carbon Fiber 1 Package – $4,100
- Front splitter
- Front wheel well deflectors
- Rear extra aero spoiler
Carbon Fiber 2 Package – $5,230
- Grille header
- Rocker moldings
- Rocker extensions
- Rear valance diffuser
- Requires Carbon Fiber 1 Package
The Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing combines the fourth generation of Magnetic Ride Control (MR 4.0), with improvements to the front and rear suspension systems. Stiffer spring rates, unique hollow stabilizer bars, higher-rate bushings and more enable a driving experience that isolates the driver from road imperfections, while also providing a precise, engaging connection with the road.
MR 4.0 highlights include:
- Optimization for both everyday driving and aggressive track performance
- New accelerometers and an inertial measurement unit that transmit and process changes in road conditions four times faster than the previous generation system
- Secondary temperature maps that enable engineers to compensate for changes in damper fluid temperature for more consistent performance, even during performance driving
- Inertial measurement unit that provides more precise measurements of body motion relative to the wheel for more accurate readings under heavy braking, hard cornering and other driving conditions
- Improved magnetic flux control that creates a more consistent and accurate transition between rebound and compression
- Improvements to transient body control that allow the vehicle to remain more level while transitioning between corners
In the front, the MacPherson strut suspension includes an all-new 100-percent elastomer bushing on the CT4-V Blackwing and a retuned hydro bushing on the CT5-V Blackwing, both of which improve ride response. Additionally, the handling link has cross-axis ball joints for improved lateral control and quicker steering response.
In the rear, the CT5-V Blackwing makes use of a five-link independent rear suspension with the following enhancements:
- Lateral link features stiffer bushings for faster response and increased cornering agility
- Toe link has cross-axis ball joints for increased stability and driver confidence
- Rear knuckles have increased stiffness for improved braking and better control during cornering
- Rear cradle mounts have been stiffened for optimum balance between road comfort and track performance
Of course, all of the suspension components were designed around the award-winning Alpha II rear-wheel drive architecture. Other refinements include unique structural enhancements including shock tower braces, an underside shear plate and thicker rear cross members to improve chassis rigidity. Along with the unique suspension elements, the stiffer structure enhances steering response, handling and the everyday driving experience.
Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing models feature advanced high-performance braking systems that have been extensively track and road-tested. The exclusive V-Series Blackwing wheel designs enable an even larger rotor over the previous CTS-V, making the CT5-V Blackwing braking system the largest factory-installed brakes in Cadillac history. Additionally, an available carbon-ceramic brake package for the CT5-V Blackwing, featuring cross-drilled rotors, deliver several benefits including weight savings, durability and heat management.
- CT5-V Blackwing: 15.67 x 1.42-inch (398 X 36 mm) front rotors and 14.7 x 1.1-inch (373.5 x 28 mm) rear rotors
- Staggered Brembo six-piston front calipers and four-piston rear calipers
- An available lightweight carbon-ceramic brake package significantly improves heat management, as well as greater resistance to wear under extreme conditions on the racetrack, while also reducing unsprung mass and rotating mass:
- 53-pound (24 kg) reduction in unsprung weight
- 62-pound (28 kg) reduction in rotating mass
- High-performance copper-free brake linings comply with California law and deliver superior fade resistance with an excellent pedal feel on and off the track
- Brake systems are integrated to each vehicles’ selectable drive modes, including brake pedal feel. Brake pedal feel can also be assigned within My-Mode and V-Mode
The 2022 CT5-V continues to ride on the Alpha 2 platform, otherwise written Alpha II. The Alpha 2 platform is a General Motors vehicle architecture designed to underpin compact and mid-size vehicles with a longitudinal front-engine, rear-drive configuration. The platform is a successor to the first generation Alpha architecture, or Alpha 1.
It is the same chassis the underpins the first-generation Cadillac CT4, CT4-V, and CT4-V Blackwing.
The 2022 CT5-V has a base price of $83,995 in the United States.
Deliveries of the 2022 CT5-V Blackwing are set for the summer of 2021.
The Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing made its debut on February 1st, 2020.
|Front Suspension:||MacPherson-type with dual lower ball joints, twin-tube struts and direct-acting stabilizer bar, Magnetic Ride Control 4.0 with V-Series-specific calibrations|
|Rear Suspension:||Five-link independent; coil springs with stabilizer bar|
|Steering Type:||Electric, rack-mounted variable-effort premium power steering with V-Series-specific calibrations|
|Turning Circle (ft. / m):||39 / 11.9 (RWD), 40.7 / 12.6 (AWD)|
|Wheelbase (in. / mm):||116 / 2947|
|Overall Length (in. / mm):||193.8 / 4924|
|Overall Width (in. / mm):||74.1 / 1883 (w/ mirrors)|
|Overall Height (in. / mm):||57.2 / 1452|
|Front Track (in. / mm):||62.8 / 1594|
|Rear Track (in. / mm):||63.9 / 1624|
|Headroom (in. / mm):||39 / 990 (front), 36.6 / 930 (rear)|
|Legroom (in. / mm):||42.4 / 1078 (front), 37.9 / 963 (rear)|
|Shoulder Room (in. / mm):||56.7 / 1440] (front), 55.7 / 1416 (rear)|
|Hip Room (in. / mm):||53.7 / 1365 (front),53.7 / 1365 (rear)|
|Dry weight (lbs. / kg)||3975 / 1803 – est.|
|Cargo volume (cu. ft. / liters)||11.9 / 337|
|Fuel capacity (U.S. gallon / liters)||17.4 / 66.0|
See Cadillac CT5-V sales numbers for all markets, including the United States, Canada, Middle East, Russia, and South Korea.
- Cadillac CT5-V sales are comprised of all CT5 variants, including CT5, CT5-V, and CT5-V Blackwing.
- Information for market (country) specified.
- Sales information compiled from various sources by GM Authority and Motrolix.
Want to stay up to date on all things Cadillac? Then be sure to subscribe to Cadillac Society for more Cadillac CT5 news and around-the-clock Cadillac news coverage. We also invite you to join the latest discussions in our Cadillac forums.