Cadillac Mexico sales decreased 31 percent to 50 units in January 2020 compared to January 2019.
Individual model sales performance was as follows:
- Cadillac CTS sales decreased 50 percent to 1 units
- Cadillac Escalade sales decreased 66.67 percent to 7 units
- Cadillac XT4 sales increased 68.42 percent to 32 units
- Cadillac XT5 sales decreased 54.55 percent to 10 units
- Cadillac XT6 sales have not yet commenced in Mexico
- Cadillac does not market the CT6 in Mexico, and the model will soon be discontinued
Sales Results - January 2020 - Mexico - Cadillac
|MODEL||JAN 2020 / JAN 2019||JANUARY 2020||JANUARY 2019|
The Cadillac Society Take
Cadillac Mexico sales declined once again in January, suffering a notable double-digit contraction. In fact, the 50 units sold last month constitute Cadillac’s lowest sales volume in the Mexican market in the last two years. The decline was caused by declines in Cadillac XT5 and Escalade deliveries, two of the automaker’s best-selling models during January 2019.
By contrast, Cadillac XT4 sales increased a healthy 68 percent during the first month of the 2020 calendar year, climbing from 19 to 32 units. In this fashion, the compact luxury crossover maintains and strengthens its position as Cadillac’s best-selling model in Mexico, a circumstance that might also take place in other markets globally.
About The Numbers
- All percent change figures compared to Cadillac Mexico sales in January 2019, except if noted