Home » Topics » Cadillac Forum » Cadillac CT5 Forum » 2022 Cadillac CT5 Heated seats chip

2022 Cadillac CT5 Heated seats chip

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Cat
    Participant

Finally, after a year and a half, the dealer called and said my 2022 Cadillac CT5 was in, but without the heated/ventilated seats chip. They claim they will retro fit it when the chips come in. Does anyone know how long this will take? I do not want to buy this car and then wait another year for this chip.

ecaravanos
    Participant

I got my CT5 a month ago after 14 month wait. I have the heated seats but the heated steering wheel won’t be available until late summer.
    Good luck

Cat
    Participant

I am wondering what incentive GM has to get the chips to us once we purchase the car instead of putting them in cars on the assembly line. I hope you get your chip this summer. Thanks for the info. I would love to hear from others in this situation as well.

[email protected]
    Participant

I just took delivery of my 2022 CTV and I was told they would contact me when the chip comes in to retro fit it….does anyone reading this thread know what it involved with retro fitting a chip? Does the whole dash need to be removed?

Phillip_Hollis
    Participant

And what is the point of putting a chip in this way, I certainly understand but if now with this difficulty then report when the car will be ready completely.

draconces0211
    Participant

Thank you for sharing us

heywardjr
    Participant

We easily called the dealer about the two missing chips and were instructed to bring it in for inspection, we did, then we were told the chips were ordered for our car and would arrive in 2 weeks. Sure enough the car was fixed within a couple of hours. That was 6 months ago for a 2022 CT5. If the dealer gives ru n around I would talk to another dealer. There is no excuse now as the chip shortage is nearly over for most manufacturers. If they delayed anymore we would go the Better Business route and have them buy back the car. Force the issue.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Please enter your username or email address. You will receive a link to create a new password via email.