Home » Topics » Cadillac Forum » Cadillac Escalade Forum » 2021 Escalade with AKG 36 Speaker Adaptive Volume Issue

2021 Escalade with AKG 36 Speaker Adaptive Volume Issue

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    PeteinSC
    Participant

Is anyone else experiencing the following with the AKG 36 speaker system with the Adaptive Volume “On”?
    At volumes between about 10 and 20 and equalizer set at neutral for Bass, Mid and Treble:
    1. Base sound “pumped up” so much that floor under driver and passenger feet shakes
    2. Steering wheel vibration on bass notes
    3. Voice tone gets muddy and washed out
    At volumes above 20, the issues tend to go away. Speed seems to be anything above about 10 to 15 MPH.

PeteinSC
    Participant

Replying to my own post: Today the dealer stripped out all of the “updates” and went back to factory 0. The tech then added back the latest sound system calibrations and lo and behold, the system is “fixed”. While I can say that I am not a fan of the calibration values used for the “Adaptive Volume”, I can say that at least now, the sound isn’t totally messed up! There is still too much bass boost, but the distortion is gone and the muffled voice is gone. I have elected to turn it off and instead have set the system as follows: Equalizer +0 for Treble and Mid and +4 for Bass. Sound set on “Front” and 3D set at about 270 degrees or 3/4 of the bubble shaded over the seats. I found 0 to be very flat and too much over the I/P and 360 to have too much “reverb”. System is amazing and I’d encourage folks to “play” with it…you’ll be amazed at what it can do.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Please enter your username or email address. You will receive a link to create a new password via email.