Home » Topics » Cadillac Forum » Cadillac CTS Forum » 2005 CTS engine swap problems

2005 CTS engine swap problems

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    caddyguy52
    Participant

I need some help I have a 2005 Cadillac CTS and the motor blew up in it I had a motor out of a 2007 CTS. They are both 3.6 are used all the accessories off the 05 engine and all the sensors. When I started the car I had to crank it several times before it would start ran fine then I shut the car off and restarted it again. I had to crank it several times for it to start when it started I had a check engine light on and it acted like it had a dead mess up, put the scanner on it came up with bad cam sensor’s. This is where the fun starts. Come to find out that the 05 and the 07 have different camshaft gear set up. The 05 3.6 and the 07 3.6 have different variable valve timing, sprockets which sends the signal to the cam sensors are and they also have different cam sensors. The wire connections are totally different. Anybody out there have an idea of how I can solve this problem with my check engine light and the hard starting in the mess on a sidenote if I disconnect the battery for 10 to 15 minutes the car starts on the first try with no check engine light and runs perfect. As long as I don’t shut the car off the check engine light won’t come back on or the hard starting or the mess.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Please enter your username or email address. You will receive a link to create a new password via email.