Cadillac sales in the United States decreased 18 percent to 32,965 units during the third quarter of 2020.
Individual model sales performance was as follows:
- Cadillac ATS sales decreased 89.23 percent to 17 units
- Cadillac CT4 sales totaled 1,536 units
- Cadillac CT5 sales totaled 4,001 units
- Cadillac CT6 sales decreased 74.03 percent to 422 units
- The vehicle has been discontinued
- Cadillac CTS sales decreased 86.88 percent to 148 units
- Cadillac Escalade sales decreased 55.87 percent to 4,538 units
- Escalade ESV sales are included in this line item
- Cadillac XT4 sales decreased 29.39 percent to 6,345 units
- Cadillac XT5 sales decreased 23.13 percent to 9,467 units
- Cadillac XT6 sales increased 44.79 percent to 6,249 units
- Cadillac XTS sales decreased 78.94 percent to 242 units
During the first nine months of the 2020 calendar year, U.S. Cadillac sales decreased 25 percent to 86,586 units.
Sales Results - Q3 2020 - USA - Cadillac
|MODEL||Q3 2020 / Q3 2019||Q3 2020||Q3 2019||YTD 2020 / YTD 2019||YTD 2020||YTD 2019|
The Cadillac Society Take
U.S. Cadillac sales continued on a negative trajectory during Q3 2020. The decline in sales represents the fourth consecutive quarter of sales volume contractions in the U.S. market for the luxury automobile marque.
Even so, the third quarter performance represents a significant recovery compared to the second quarter, when Cadillac suffered a drastic drop of 41 percent to 23,296 units due to the COVID-19 pandemic. In fact, the 32,965 third-quarter deliveries is the brand’s best quarterly performance thus far in 2020 in the U.S. market.
While most Cadillac models posted a significant drops during the quarter – including a drastic 56 percent decline in Escalade sales – the performance of the new Cadillac XT6 and Cadillac CT5 is noteworthy. With 6,249 deliveries, the three-row luxury crossover posted its second-highest sales figure of all time in the U.S. market, only second to the 7,169 units sold in Q4 2019. Meanwhile, the 4,001 deliveries of the CT5 luxury sedan represent the highest figure for the sedan to date.
The third quarter was also the second full quarter of sales for the new Cadillac CT4, during which the sedan garnered 1,536 deliveries. Notably, Cadillac says the average compact sedan transaction price in the third quarter was above the segment’s overall average, as per by JD Power figures.
About The Numbers
- All percent change figures compared to U.S. Cadillac sales for Q3 2019, unless noted otherwise
Further Reading & Sales Reporting
- Cadillac news
- Running Cadillac sales results
- Third quarter 2020 Cadillac sales results:
- Cadillac sales Q3 2020 USA (this page)
- Cadillac Canada sales Q3 2020
- Cadillac China sales Q3 2020
- Cadillac South Korea sales Q3 2020
- Cadillac South Korea sales July 2020
- Cadillac South Korea sales August 2020
- Cadillac South Korea sales September 2020
- Cadillac Mexico sales Q3 2020
- Cadillac Russia sales Q3 2020
- Cadillac Russia sales July 2020
- Cadillac Russia sales August 2020
- Cadillac Russia sales September 2020