Cadillac reported 48,712 new vehicle deliveries in the second quarter of 2018 in China. The results represent an increase of 19 percent compared to the second quarter of 2017.
Individual model sales performance was not announced, but the luxury automaker did share the following vehicle line statistics:
- Cadillac CT6 sales increased 49 percent to 3,700 units
- Cadillac XTS sales increased 42 percent to 14,000 units
- Cadillac XT5 sales increased 14 percent to 17,000 units
Notably, Cadillac’s sales performance in China during the second quarter of 2018 outpaced that of the U.S. by 9,490 units during the month.
In addition, Cadillac recently debuted Super Cruise for the Chinese market. Super Cruise is the industry’s first true hands-free driving technology for the highway, and will be offered in China on the Cadillac CT6 40T Platinum.
In the first six months of 2018, Cadillac China sales increased 29.6 percent to 103,791 units.
Sales Results - Q2 2018 - China - Cadillac
|MODEL||Q2 2018 / Q2 2017||Q2 2018||Q2 2017||YTD 2018 / YTD 2017||YTD 2018||YTD 2017|
About The Numbers
- All percent change figures compared to Cadillac Q2 2017 China sales, except when noted
- Chinese sales represent retail sales and do not include fleet deliveires
We are reporting Cadillac sales numbers quarterly due to the decision made by Cadillac parent, General Motors, to switch to a quarterly sales reporting structure. The decision has garnered notable amounts of criticism, as it robs analysts, enthusiasts and suppliers of timely and detailed sales data, and prevents these interest groups from making informed decisions and conclusions.
Additionally, neither GM nor Cadillac specified retail vs. fleet sales for the second quarter of 2018.
More Cadillac Sales
- Second Quarter 2018 Cadillac salesÂ results
- Cadillac USA Q2 2018 salesÂ results
- Cadillac Canada Q2 2018 salesÂ results
- Cadillac China Q2 2018 salesÂ results (this page)
- Cadillac Korea Q2 2018 salesÂ results