We’ve seen the 2019 Cadillac XT4 during its official reveal at Cadillac House in late March, and then at the 2018 New York Auto Show that immediately followed it. But we haven’t seen the compact Cadillac crossover in real life, until now.
The vehicle seen here – captured by Cadillac Society photographers while undergoing final validation testing in Metro Detroit – is the Luxury trim level (read: base model) coated in the Red Horizon Tintcoat exterior hue.
We can tell that the prototype model seen here features Luxury trimmings based on its front fascia: the XT4 Luxury gets a grille with bright accents and galvano surround, along with an all-black lower fascia insert. By comparison, the XT4 Premium Luxury gets the same grille but adds Medium Silver inserts on the lower front fascia, whereas the XT4 Sport sees a high-gloss black grille and a lower fascia with a gloss black insert. For comparison, check out photos of the other two XT4 trim levels at this links:
- XT4 Premium Luxury pictures
- XT4 Sport pictures (coming soon)
There’s also the case of the turn signals: the base model XT4 does not have integrated turn signals within the mirrors, whereas the Premium Luxury and Sport models offer them as an option (part of the Enhanced Visibility Package).
Additionally, the headlamp cluster of this Luxury model has a rather short vertical LED light signature that stops about halfway through the headlight cluster, as the turn signal indicator (located below the vertical light pipe) uses an incandescent light. The XT4 Premium features an optional LED light pipe that runs the length of the headlight cluster and also serves as an LED cornering lamp and an LED turn signal indicator. The feature is standard on XT4 Sport models.
also doubles as a turn signal indicator in t. Instead, the vertical LED light signature ends roughly halfway through the headlight cluster, and the turn signal features an incandescent light.
Three other tell-tale signs tell us that the model seen here is the “base” XT4 Luxury:
- Wheels: this tester is riding on a set of Bright Silver-finished 18-inch (45.7 cm) 10-spoke alloy wheels (production code PYV) that are not available on the XT4 Premium Luxury, and
- Door handles: the door handles on this model are body-color with Satin chrome accents; XT4 Premium Luxury models have illuminated body-color door handles (which feature a small cutout for the illumination not present on the model seen here), and XT4 Sport models feature body-color door handles without either the Satin chrome accents or the illuminating feature.
- The lower bodyside appearance features the same all-black finish as the lower front and rear fascias. Premium Luxury models are differentiated via a Medium Silver accent, while Sport models have a gloss black finish.
Despite being the base Luxury model, this XT4 is equipped with the longitudinal roof rails in a brushed aluminum finish (production code V6K), which are optional. Opting for the rails automatically adds the dual panel glass power sunroof (production code C3U).