In a move unexpected to all, Cadillac has just partially showed off its upcoming XT4 crossover utility vehicle.
Published to the brand’s YouTube channel on March 2nd, 2018, the new ad is entitled The 2019 Cadillac XT4. The commercial starts off with the following lines:
- They say there are no ideas.
- They say, make a sequel. It’s a sure thing.
- We say, let someone else make a sequel.
After that, the 30-second spot shows the upcoming XT4 from various angles, while never fully revealing the vehicle in its entirety. Bruno Mars’ Uptown Funk serves as the background track.
From the various angles, we can see a more evolved and polished iteration of Cadillac’s Art & Science design language, including:
- Headlamps that have Cadillac’s signature vertical LED elements along while adding a new horizontal element
- An entirely new grille treatment that replaces the horizontal slats with a new honeycomb-like pattern
- A new taillight treatment that features vertical as well as as horizontal LED lighting elements
Notably, the tagline for the ad reads: Daring has evolved. Introducing the first-ever Cadillac XT4. Coming Fall 2018.
Overall, the ad – which will air during the 2018 Oscars ceremony – is quite youthful, eye-catching, and pleasant to the ear and the XT4 appears to have quite the elegant, sporty and attractive appearance based on what we can see from the spot.
We look forward to seeing the 2019 Cadillac XT4 unveiled completely at the upcoming 2018 New York International Auto Show in April.